STEPS TO GET REGISTERED FOR YOUR LICENSE
1. Collect any paperwork needed to apply for your license.
2. Go to the Texas DPS site and complete the online application. The application can be found by clicking on the following link:
SENDING YOUR REQUIRED FORMS TO THE STATE OF TEXAS:
There are three choices for submitting your paperwork to the State:
The forms you must provide the State are:
3. GET YOUR FINGERPRINTS: YOU MUST BEGIN WITH YOUR ONLINE STATE APPLICATION BEFORE MAKING YOUR APPOINTMENT FOR FINGERPRINTING.
When you are ready to make your fingerprint appointment, follow these easy directions:
4. PHOTOGRAPH FOR YOUR LICENSE?
An applicant no longer sends passport photographs to the State with an application. Texas uses the photograph on the most recent Driver License or Texas ID for the new License To Carry. Should a photograph be required, the State office will contact the applicant with instructions.
5. WHO DO I CALL IF I NEED HELP OR ANSWERS?
If you need any help with the licensing process or have questions regarding the status of your application, call 512-424-7293 for the Contact Center at the Texas Department of Public Safety Office of Regulatory Affairs. YOU DO NOT CALL THE INSTRUCTOR!
6. HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE?
The average processing time for LTC applications without complication is three to four weeks after all steps have been completed, including fingerprinting.
All Classes Held at The Gun Zone
2405 IH 30 Mesquite, Texas 75150
TEXAS GUN SCHOOL INSTRUCTION
By appointment ONLY! No walk-ins
GUN ZONE REGULAR HOURS OF OPERATION
10:00 am -7:00 pm Monday though Saturday
10:00 am - 6:00 pm Sunday