LOOKING FOR AN ONLINE COURSE?
If you have decided due to health concerns or schedule conflicts, an online option is best for you--BE CAREFUL! While appearing legitimate at first glance, many websites are issuing licenses to Virgin and Utah—NOT Texas. Those sites typically say their license is "valid in Texas" or "Get a license that allows you to carry in Texas." These sites generally are NOT authorized as a primary license by the State of Texas. If you are looking for a legitimate option, please consider using the valid partners we have vetted and listed in the "Our Partners" section or at this link: https://texasgunschool.com/our-partners
ALREADY FINISHED YOUR ONLINE COURSE?
If you have already completed your Texas License to Carry (LTC) online course and need to complete the shooting requirement, please give us a call to schedule your appointment today at 214-704-3329.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE SHOOTING PORTION OF YOUR EXAMINATION:
At the conclusion of the range proficiency, the instructor will complete all the necessary LTC-101 form sections and discuss your next steps to gaining your LTC.
1. Go to the Texas DPS site and complete the online application. The application can be found by clicking on the following link: https://txapps.texas.gov/txapp/txdps/ltc/
2. For new applicants, select "NEW USER" from the two choices at the bottom of the application.
3. After completing the application and answering the questions on the pages that follow, you will pay the appropriate Texas fee. Make certain to print and keep/print the receipt page with the large barcode on the top.
SENDING YOUR REQUIRED FORMS TO THE STATE OF TEXAS:There are three choices for submitting your paperwork to the State:
The forms you must provide the State are:
4. WHAT ABOUT FINGERPRINTS: YOU MUST BEGIN WITH YOUR ONLINE STATE APPLICATION BEFORE MAKING YOUR APPOINTMENT FOR FINGERPRINTING.When you are ready to make your fingerprint appointment, follow these easy directions:
5. PHOTOGRAPH FOR YOUR LICENSE? An applicant no longer sends passport photographs to the State with an application. Texas uses the photograph on the most recent Driver License or Texas ID for the new License To Carry. Should a photograph be required, the State office will contact the applicant with instructions.
6. WHO DO I CALL IF I NEED HELP OR ANSWERS?If you need any help with the license process or have questions regarding the status of your application, call 512-425-7293 for the Contact Center at the Texas Department of Public Safety Office of Regulatory Affairs. YOU DO NOT CALL THE INSTRUCTOR!
7. HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE?The average processing time for LTC applications without complication is three to four weeks after all steps have been completed, including fingerprinting.
Add Your Email And Get Our Latest In Training Information From Texas Gun School
All Classes Held at The Gun Zone
2405 IH 30 Mesquite, Texas 75150
TEXAS GUN SCHOOL INSTRUCTION
By appointment ONLY! No walk-ins
GUN ZONE REGULAR HOURS OF OPERATION
10:00 am -7:00 pm Monday though Saturday
10:00 am - 6:00 pm Sunday